With just a few minutes, your Cricut machine and these cute pouches from the Target Dollar spot, you can create custom pencil cases for girls and boys just in time for back to school!
We have ten nieces and nephews and know how crazy back to school time can be for their folks. We ALSO know what it is like to have a name that is hard to find on customized supplies (Alexandra? Mackenzie?) - so when I found these pencil cases at the Target Dollar Spot I thought it would be a quick and easy project to finish in an afternoon and let them know we're thinking about them as they head back to school in a few weeks!
CUSTOM PENCIL CASES FOR GIRLS AND BOYS
HOW TO MAKE CUSTOM PENCIL CASES FOR GIRLS AND BOYS
1. Select your fonts in Design Space. I used Quirky for the girls and Varsity Letter Narrow for the boys (both are Cricut fonts). You can get the file here then just customize it with your own names!
2. Type out and size the names to fit the pouches. To create one single cut file (like I did for the girls names) ungroup the name then one at a time select each letter and move until they are touching. You can also use the letter spacing tool to move the letters closer together.
3. Put a box around the name then select weld and you will have one single cut file.
4. Cut the names out of iron-on. Don't forget to mirror the image and put your iron-on shiny side down on the mat!
5. Remove the excess iron-on and place on the pouches.
7. Remove the clear film and voila! Custom pencil cases!